Welcome to George Mason University

Flannery McGale

Posted: May 23, 2016 at 11:41 am

Flannery_McGale_MNP

Bonjour! My name is Flannery McGale and I am a senior at George Mason University studying global affairs, environmental conservation, and philosophy and graduating in December 2016.

I’m so grateful to this place for making me into a confident and ambitious woman. My personal mission statement is to use my creative and divergent charisma and natural beauty to inspire global environmental communion and sustainable cooperation. I could tell you all about what’s on my resume but I would rather tell you who I am: alive with desire, my mind thirsts and heart trembles. I have a lifelong obsession with beauty and I don’t mind dragging others down with me in the unceasing search for the perfect sunset. When I met the truth it was love at first sight—now it’s a love-hate relationship.  I grew up moving around a lot from Ireland to Pittsburgh to Virginia Beach and finally Washington, D.C. This has opened a world full of experiences and I cannot wait to add Paris to the list during my study abroad trip this summer. I am the middle of five children from a traditional Irish Catholic family and a proud Scorpio, with a Myers-Briggs typology of INTP. I enjoy the beach with my dogs, exploring new places on my bike, art and reggae. I hope to hit up some awesome festivals soon and make #SummerSixteen one to remember!